Section I: Practice Problems (Show your work including hand-drawn CDF) 1. Suppose that each of the two investments has a 0.9% chance of a loss of $10 million, a 99.1% of a loss of $1 million, and 0% chance of a profit. The investments are independent of each other. a. What is the VaR for… Continue reading Section I: Practice Problems (Show your work including hand-drawn CDF)
Consider some of the examples you have brought up in earlier discussion forums about applying models to real-world problems. Choose one of the models covered earlier in the course and describe the key differences in solving a problem with that model versus with a simulation model. In your opinion, which is more effective? How does… Continue reading Consider some of the examples you have brought up in earlier discussion forums a
Assignment Objectives: Reviewing reports of risk based approach and risk assessment methodology will give you some level of understanding about risk assessment. Additionally, exploring the national money laundering risk assessment reports of different countries will deepen your understanding of how risk assessment is completed. When you conduct online research to identify money laundering risks that… Continue reading Assignment Objectives: Reviewing reports of risk based approach and risk assess
Beena, when a system starts its daily activity, we say that it is in transient period. Once this period ends, the system reaches the normal steady-state operation. How would you describe these two periods if you are to consider your workfield?
Please select a corporate compliance related issue or situation (one that has already occurred). Explain and analyze this situation to identify the problems encountered as well as the possible actions or inactions that could have been utilized to prevent and/or minimize the effects and other key factors. The research paper should include, but not be… Continue reading Please select a corporate compliance related issue or situation (one that has al
Discuss the importance of sensation, perception, and information processing in developing and presenting occupational safety and health training. How can we utilize human factors principles to optimize human performance associated with the memory, learning, and problem-solving skills we expect to see as an outcome for the recipients of the safety and health training?
For this assignment, you will assume that you are a healthcare administrator at a healthcare facility (Hospital, long term care facility, clinic, etc.). You are tasked with creating a process for reporting errors and reducing adverse events at your facility. Your submission will demonstrate your knowledge of healthcare error reporting to create your process. Be… Continue reading Assume that you are a healthcare administrator at a healthcare facility. Create a process for reporting errors and reducing adverse events at your facility
Learning Goal: I’m working on a risk management discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.1. Describe the major sources of credit and counter-party risk. Use your readings and research to develop your response.2. Describe the unique aspects of commodity-related risks. Use your readings and research to develop your response.
Learning Goal: I’m working on a risk management presentation and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.Instructions: This week’s assignment is to create a PowerPoint presentation.You are the District Trainer for Store Managers in your area and today you are presenting to the store managers the importance of proper risk management in big-box… Continue reading What is the relationship between loss control and insurance premiums